How to Delete a Saved Username on the AOL Login Screen?
The AOL Internet programming project is not confined to only one username. This permits all AOL clients to sign into any version of the program and browse the Internet or check their email using the product. The account data for every individual that has utilised the product saves naturally on the main AOL login screen. Erasing your saved username from this screen keeps others from marking onto the administration and having entry to your AOL email and other individual data.
In the event that you routinely use AOL Desktop for email, texting and Web surfing, you can set the program to recollect your screen name to lessen sign-in time. On the off chance that you share the PC with others, every client can save his AOL screen name also. When somebody quits utilising AOL Desktop, you can erase the associated screen name from the sign-in rundown.
Each AOL (America Online) account incorporates space for seven screen names, or client names: one essential in addition to six others. The primary name is the one you pick when you initially joined AOL. The primary name is permanent — you can never change it, regardless of the reason you need to. Be that as it may, the other six names can be altered every way however you see fit.
America Online places just two or three points of confinement on screen names. Screen names must be in the vicinity of 3 and 16 characters in length and must begin with a letter. After the required first letter, you can utilise letters, numbers, and spaces to make your online character. Likewise, the collected numbers and letters can’t go too far into what Miss Manners may call “poor taste.”
Here’s a quick outline of the technical rules representing AOL screen names:
- You can have seven screen names in your account — one essential screen name and six others.
- The primary screen name is permanent; you can’t ever transform it. You can make and erase the other six screen names at your impulse.
- By default, just the primary screen name can make new screen names and alter Parental Controls. In the event that you need to give capacity to other screen names in your account, you can do as such by making the new name a master screen name.
- Screen names are 3 to 16 characters in length, begin with a letter, and contain any mix of letters, numbers, and spaces your creative energy can conjure up (inside the limits of good taste, that is).
An inventive screen name is your tool for cutting out a unique personality in the realm of America Online. You should be creative — that is a general purpose. However, an unobtrusive line isolates inventive and disagreeable.
Also Read : How to receive a fingerhut catalog by mail?
Here’s a straightforward rule for making a decent screen name: Make it as innovative as you need, however in the event that you become flushed at disclosing it to your youngsters, guardians, life partner, or noteworthy other, your screen name is most likely past the limits of good taste.
One last thing to be considered about picking a screen name: Make it appropriate. A screen name for authority business email looks different for a character in the Free Form Role Playing territory. In the event that you need to be BoogerDggr in the chat room, that is your decision. However, your new email address (email@example.com) may look somewhat clever on a business card.
How to delete AOL screen name?
Indeed, even screen names achieve their convenience. At the point when that time seeks the screen names in your account, erase them and go ahead about your business. Simply follow these steps to erase a screen name:
- Sign on to America Online with your primary screen name or a master screen name. In the event that you don’t think about master screen names, that is fine, as well — simply barrel ahead with your primary screen name.
- After connecting, pick Settings –> Screen Names from the toolbar (or utilise keyword Names). The Create or Delete Screen Names dialogue box shows up.
- Tap the Delete a Screen Name choice in the dialogue box. The Delete a Screen Name dialog box pops up on the screen instantly.
- At the point when America Online showcases the suitably named Are You Sure? Dialog box, tap Continue button next. The Delete a Screen Name dialog box shows up, looking only the littlest piece grave in its fateful duties.
- Tap the screen name you need to erase and after that tap Delete. Be certain that you need to erase this screen name before tapping the Delete button. In spite of the fact that you can hypothetically reestablish erased screen names, it’s a vague science. Converted into English, reestablishing an erased screen name is up to the wicked impulses of the America Online PCs. Perhaps they’ll give you a chance to reestablish the name, and afterwards again, perhaps they won’t.
- After doing the messy deed, America Online issues the short, generic obituary
Here are some simple strides as well:
- Wiping out SERVICES
Visit the AOL account administration site. Visit bill.aol.com in your web browser. Keeping in mind the end goal to erase a screen name, you’ll have to cancel any paid services that are related to it first.
Sign in with your master screen name. Enter the username that you made when you made your account and entered the password too.
Answer your security question. You’ll be provoked to answer the security question for your account and to get to your account settings.
On the off chance that you don’t recall the appropriate answer, tap the “Forgot Answer?” link on the screen. This will take you through the reset procedure. You won’t have the capacity to do this on the off chance that you don’t have any recovery data related to your account.
Click on the “Manage My Subscriptions.” You’ll find this under the “Service Options” heading and in addition to the top navigation menu on the screen.
Discover the services you need to stop/drop. The greater part of the memberships related to your different screen names will be shown here. Look down to discover the services related to the screen name you need to erase.
Tap the “Cancel” link to end a membership. You’ll be invited to affirm that you need to end that specific service, and will be demonstrated which benefits you’ll be losing access to.
It might take an hour or two for the cancellation to process completely and effectively.
ERASING SCREEN NAMES
Tap the “Manage My Usernames” menu alternative. You’ll discover this in the top navigation menu and under the “Username Options” heading of the main billing page.
Discover the username you need to erase. You can erase any of the usernames you’ve made with the exception of the Primary Master Username. This is the username you made when you agreed to accept AOL. On the off chance that you need to erase the master username, you’ll need to erase the entire account (see the following area).
Tap the “Delete” link for the username you need to erase. You’ll be made a request to affirm that you need to erase the username. Once the username is erased, you’ll never again have the capacity to utilise it. However, it can be reestablished up to six months after marking it for cancellation.
In the event that you get a message demonstrating that you can’t erase a general username, the username likely still has a premium membership related with it. You’ll have to wipe out any memberships for the username before erasing it. See the past segment for details.
ERASING YOUR MASTER SCREEN NAME
- Sign into the AOL account administration site. Visit bill.aol.com and sign in. Make a point to sign in with the ace username that you need to erase.
- Your master screen name is the username you made when you agreed to accept AOL.
- Tap the “Manage My Subscriptions” link. You’ll discover this in the top navigation menu and the “Service Options” segment.
- Tap the “Change Plan” button beside your AOL membership. You’ll have to change over your account into a free account keeping in mind the end goal to erase it later.
- Tap the “Cancel AOL” button. This will end your AOL membership. You’ll need to choose an explanation behind leaving, however, the appropriate response you select won’t influence the cancellation procedure.
- In the event that you cancel in the middle of a billing cycle, regardless you’ll have access to your account until the cycle is over.
- Cancel your free account. When you drop your paid membership, your account will be transformed into a free AOL account. You’ll have to experience a similar procedure in the Manage My Subscriptions page again to cross out your free account.
- The master screen name, which is the main screen name you made when you enrolled, can’t be erased. Some other screen name might be erased. Erased screen names perhaps recuperated for a time of roughly six months.
- Personal filing cabinets for this screen name will never again be accessible once your screen name is erased. Make sure to duplicate any data you are keen on to another location before continuing. On the off chance that you “recover” this screen name within six months, it might be conceivable to recover personal filing cabinet.
- Any AOL cash related with this screen name will be shut upon cancellation.
So this was all about deleting your username on AOL service. Apart from discussing how to delete a username on AOL, we also discuss various elements of AOL service. Hence, in the end we hope that you are all set to delete your username if you have decided it.