Kernel Security Check Failure error in Windows 10
- 1 kernel security check failure windows server 2012 r2
- 2 How to fix kernel security check failure?
kernel security check failure windows server 2012 r2
If you are reading this article, it means you have encountered the blue screen problem on your device also called the blue screen of death. Many of the users who upgraded to the windows 10 version have been facing kernel security check failure windows 10 issue, and fortunately for them, we have found out ways to tackle their problem. In this article, we have discussed various steps one can take to recover from the issue and solve it permanently for your device.
Many users are facing the problem of a blue screen of error being popped up saying that your PC ran into some problem and needed to restart. At bottom right, you will see a green rectangle saying “KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE“. This is a problem many users are facing and can be easily solved by following some steps discussed later in this article.
kernel security check failure windows 8.1 issue can be because of many reasons like you have not updated your driver, a new update you might have installed can be the reason, or some other reason can give rise to this issue.
Following are the ways you can opt for to solve the issue creating the blue screen of death problem & start explaining what is kernel security check failure.
How to fix kernel security check failure?
There are many ways you can solve kernel security check failure windows 10 Reddit issue depending on what is the reason for this issue. Follow these steps to solve your issue. One of these ways must get your problem solved and remove the issue:
Undo any of the recent changes in Kernel security check failure:
You might have made some recent changes in your PC which may be the reason for the problem so try and solve it first, remove those changes you made and then see if your problem is fixed. If the issue has started after that change, then there is a high probability that it would get fixed once those changes are removed. So firstly try and remove all those changes you have made recently on your PC.
Update available drivers for solved Kernel security check failure:
One of the reasons that your device is facing that issue could be that you have incompatible drivers. You can verify that and then update it if it isn’t.
If you don’t know how to that, then you can install and use “Driver Easy”. It will do all the work on its own by recognising the system and will fix according to your device. So even if you don’t have the proper skills to update your driver, then you can do it by “Driver Easy”.
- First, you would need to download Driver Easy. You can easily get this by searching it over the internet and then download it for free for your computer.
- Now you need to install it.
- After that run Driver Easy and then click on the Scan Now button. It will then scan your device and then will detect any problem with the drivers.
- After that, you need to click on the Update button which is next to all flagged devices, and it will automatically download and install the appropriate version of the drivers.
- You can also click on Update All; it will automatically download and install the appropriate version of the drivers which are out of date or may be missing from the system(this step is only for those who have the pro version of the app).
Run Memory Diagnostic tool:
The reason for the issue can be that your RAM is at fault. If that’s the case then you can check the status of your RAM by following steps:
- First, you need to invoke the Run command which can be done by searching in Cortana and typing Run, or you can also use the shortcut key which is Windows logo key + R at the same time. In the Run command type mdsched.exe in the box and then click on enter.
- There you will see to option one saying restart now and check for problems, or you can also do it the next time you start your computer.
- Choose the one that suits you according to your situation and click on it.
- You will see a new blue screen, and it will have a progress bar, let it complete and see if any error or issues are raised.
- If there is an error detected, then it is recommended to change your current memory card with a new one. But if no errors are raised then it means that your memory card is not causing any problems.
Scan Hard Disk for Errors:
You also may have a faulty hard drive which may be causing the problem for that you must check and replace it if that’s the case. You can check for that by these few steps:
- At first, you need to open the file Explorer and in it click on This PC.
- In it, you will see your hard drive (like local disk C).
- Right, click on it, and there you will see another option saying properties.
- Click on it and then you will see a new box appears.
- On the top, you will see an option saying tools, click on it and then you will see an option saying CHECK click on it.
- It will take some time and will scan your hard drive for any problems.
- If at last, you see an option saying that your device has successfully scanned then there is no problem with your device’s hard drive and is risk free, but if there is an issue with your hard drive then it will not appear and that you have to consider buying a new hard drive to get this problem to be solved.
- If all those methods above discussed are not working for you and you are still facing the issue of that ugly blue screen then you can go for these steps. Following are some steps you can follow that might be able to solve your problem.
- So, first, you need to click on the start menu and then go to the settings.
- Now in settings, you need to click on the “Devices”.
- In there if you scroll down all the way to the bottom you will see device manager, click on it.
- You need to “Device Manager” which you can also do by searching for it by its name, so you can also search by its name.
- A box as shown will appear from there you need to go to the “Display Adapter”.
- You will see the name of your display adapter, click on it, and a new window will appear.
- Once you get that window up there then you need to go to the driver, and then you need to go to the “Rolled back driver”, and after you click on it then your Device will reboot up, and the issue you are facing will be all fixed.
You can also download ReimagePlus, a tool that would help you to find out all the problems and then your issue would get fixed. All you need to do is to follow these steps:
- At first, you would need to download this tool from the internet. It is a 100% safe and free tool which you can easily get for your computer.
- Next, you would need to install it and save it on your computer.
- Now you would need to open it and then click on start scan.
- It will automatically scan for the issues and find out the problem that might be causing the blue screen of death.
- After that, you need to repair all those corrupt files that have a problem.
- For that, you would need to click on the repair all option and then it will solve all the issue by itself.
- Then after the repair is done, you would need to restart your PC, and you will probably not face the problem after that.
- There might be a requirement of an upgraded version of this tool for repairing, in that case, it might cost you money to buy it or you can either delete those file that might be causing you the problem.
Over to you:
Kernel security check failure is one of the issues faced by many of the users and is very irritating. A blue death screen appears saying that your device has run into some problem and that it would take some time to solve and would restart also. Many time it appears while you are doing some very important work and becomes a complete headache at such a situation. To solve that issue we wrote this article and had discussed way on how to solve Kernel Security Check Failure issue and ways to get rid of that blue screen in the future. We have discussed of many ways, and one of them will surely solve your issue all you need to do is to follow them carefully, and after that, you will not face an issue of that blue screen appearing after that.