How do I pixelate an image using microsoft paint?
Pixelation is a way to edit images. In simple terms, pixelate is the process of dividing an image into smaller pixels. This either makes the picture less clear or is used to make different effects depending on what the user does. The main purpose of pixelating an image is to make creative effects or to make any image anonymous. Sometimes people place black shapes over a person’s face or over nameplates etc. to preserve anonymity. This might make the picture less attractive. Hence pixelating an image is a better option for the already mentioned purposes. One can also use it to edit and make images more attractive.
Pixelating an image can be done in Microsoft Paint. Microsoft Paint is a simple yet useful graphics application found in Microsoft Operating System. There are several things that can be done in Microsoft Paint. You will find the application by going to start menu then going to application and then selecting Microsoft Paint. Some of the features are:
- One can draw any image and colour it.
- Images can be imported from any folder, and you can also draw, colour and edit the image.
- Images can be exported in multiple formats like jpg, jpeg, png, gif, etc.
- There are multiple artistic brushes to make an image or a painting more creative and realistic. Some of the brushes available are watercolour brush, marker, natural pencil, etc.
- To make your drawing and editing process easier, Microsoft Paint offers different shapes like line, rectangle, circle, square, etc.
- You can zoom in and zoom out images to edit it better.
- Images can be flipped, rotated and stretched to any side or angle you want to. The dimensions can be altered to your choice.
- The toolbar offers basic control like redo, undo and save. You can also customise the toolbar.
- Microsoft Paint also makes editing and drawing images better and even by using the feature to scale. The rules or gridlines allow you to draw exactly on the area you want to.
- There are multiple colours available to choose from in the colour box.
- If you want to copy a figure, shape or image that you have already drawn in Microsoft Paint, you can duplicate it into multiple numbers.
- Another great feature of Microsoft Paint is the function of colour replacement. You can change the colour of any figure that you coloured simply by using the eraser tool. A primary and secondary box with the colours will be available. Change the colours in these boxes to replace the original colour with a new colour you want to use.
- The work you have done can also be sent through email to anyone you want to send it to.
There are different ways to pixelate an image using Microsoft Paint. We will discuss the different ways to pixelate an image in this article.
Reducing the size:
An efficient way to pixelate any image you want is to reduce the size of the image and then increase it again. However, one thing to keep in mind is that be sure to make a note of the original dimensions before you use this method.This method will help you pixelate the entire image and not specific areas. Hence we would suggest you use this method if you want to pixelate the entire image.The steps are given below:
Read More : How to put a watermark in powerpoint?
- Open Microsoft Paint from the start menu.
- Load the image you want to pixelate.
- Once you open the image, select the area you wish to pixelate. It will be selected in a rectangular shape.
- In the options on top click on the resize option.
- After clicking the resize button, click on percentage. There will be a pop up where you can change the horizontal and vertical dimensions. For both the horizontal and vertical dimensions, change the dimension to 10 %.
- Click on ok to finish this step.
- The next step is to go to the file menu and save the picture by clicking on save as which is available in the file menu. Save the image with any name you want.
- If you are done saving it, click on resize again. Then go to pixels and in the boxes, enter the original dimensions of the image.
Pixelate specific parts:
You can also pixelate specific parts of an image, or you can pixelate one pixel at one time. It is a method different from the previous one because here you can pixelate specific areas or parts whereas in the previous one you can use it to pixelate the whole image. You should also keep in mind that this method takes time because you have to pixelate one pixel at a time. Hence it is time-consuming. The steps to do this are given below:
- Open the image you want to pixelate.
- Zoom the image you opened by clicking on the magnifying glass at the bottom right of your screen. You have to zoom the image to the maximum possible which is 800%.
- The next step is to click on the pencil tool. Once you have selected, it to choose a colour you want from the various options of colour in the colour bar.
- After selecting the colour, click on the part of the image you want to pixelate. This will change the colour of one or a single pixel that you selected.
The above steps will help you pixelate one pixel at a time. So if you want to pixelate several pixels at a time yet not the entire image, you have to use any of the brush tools which will be available on the top of the screen in the menu bar. Choose the type of brush tool you want and then click on the image. Highlight or choose the specific areas you want to pixelate. This will cover multiple pixels in one go. Hence you can use this method to pixelate specific areas be it one pixel at a time or several pixels at a time.
Using the original pencil:
Another way to pixelate an image in Microsoft Paint is to use the natural pencil option. This is also another way to pixelate specific parts of an image. The following points will guide you on how to do it:
- The original pencil is helpful if you want to pixelate a specific part of any image. It also creates a different and interesting effect.
- Go to tools and choose eyedropper or colour picker.
- After you choose it, go to the area where you want to pixelate.
- Choose a colour you would use along with any shape.
- After you are done with this, change the fill and outline option to the original pencil option.
- Drag the cursor to different parts of the image which you would want pixelated. The area will be pixelated based on the shape you chose earlier.
If you want to use other methods besides Microsoft Paint, you can do so through online websites.
There are several websites available online where you can pixelate any image you want. You can either search for them in Google or use the sites we have mentioned below. The links given below are just a few of which are available online. There are multiple other websites which offer to pixelate your image. So if you want to search for more websites, then you can do that.
Microsoft Paint is a useful application to edit and create images. It offers various features out of which pixelation is a part. In this article, we talked about how to pixelate images in different ways. Pixelating a picture is a simple and easy way to add effects to your image or give anonymity to people and objects in your image. You can use any of the above-mentioned methods depending on which would be the most suitable and comfortable for you.