Google Assistant : Voice assistant in our smartphones are getting better, and you can literally rely on them to do certain things for you on your smartphone. Technology has really advanced things like voice assistant are taking over some the smartphone technology.
Voice assistant is a very convenient and modern technology implemented in our modern Smartphones. Android, iOS, and Windows operating have their own voice assistant built-in on their compatible smartphones.
Android in particular is really gaming up it’s voice assistant game by providing regular updates. Google Now is the regular voice assistant for Android which is built in in almost every Android smartphone. It works with your own voice and you can command your Android smartphone certain things like searching for any person or website. You can just tap on the Google now command button and say whatever you want your voice assistant to do. Although Google now voice assistant is pretty amazing but it has limitations.
How to get Google Assistant for any android Smartphone (without root)?
Now the Google now voice assistant is still implementing in Android smartphones but the Google own Google Pixel and Pixel XL has a much better voice assistant called Google Assistant. it can be your voice assistant companion, and it is very much better something like Siri and the regular Google voice assistant.
It is exclusively available in Google pixel and pixel XL smartphones. It’s pretty obvious that Google Assistant would be in Google smartphones as it is Their own company. The only smartphone that has Google assistant besides Google pixels is the LG G6. LG G6 is the flagship smartphone for LG for 2017 and it has Google Assistant built-in right outside of the box.
Why is Google assistant so amazing?
Google Assistant is built in a way that you can have a one on one conversation just like a normal human interaction. Apart from all the basic things that a voice assistant does, you can tell Google assistant like how she’s doing or ask her for a coffee which can be pretty weird but trust me it will reply to that also and not act like a dumb technology.
You can set alarms and reminders with specific timing with the help of Google assistant. You don’t have to do certain things manually like navigating through the app, and you can just hold the home button and start saying whatever you want your Google assistant to do.
This virtual assistant is an absolute hit. It works excellent with its recognition skills and responding to 99 percent of your voice commands.
Also Read : Top 10 best PDF editors
If you were attentive enough with the technology of smartphones, you might know about the hound voice assistant who is a very great third party voice assistant, and it was very instant and accurate with its service. The assitant also beats the sound with its great features and reliability.
So after looking at all the greatness of Google Assistant, who wouldn’t want it in Their Android smartphone. Well, you can have this voice assistant even on your non-pixel smartphones.
Read About : Google Home
You may have heard about installing Google assistant on rooted Android 7.0 nougat smartphone. No, you won’t see that method in this article. I will tell you how you can have Google assistant on your un-rooted smartphones and that too in Android 5.0 Lollipop and above.
No one roots their smartphone unless they want to manipulate the system and tweak the function according to them. Also, a basic smartphone with basic Smartphone knowledge wouldn’t know how to root an Android smartphone.
Installing Google assistant on your non-rooted Android smartphone is not a difficult thing to do if you follow the methods and steps carefully which I am about to show you later in this article.
Google search Alpha version
Google recently released an Alpha version for Google search app which packs all the bells and whistles for implementing and installing Google assistant in your Android smartphones.
Testing Alpha version
Smartphones like Nexus 5x, Moto G4 plus and even one plus x are compatible with alpha google search app and Google Assistant works well on these smartphones. Nexus 5X is a Google smartphone which is now running on Android nougat 7.1.1 and enabling Google Assistant is not an issue. Moto G4 plus is also running on Android 7.0 nougat and the Google Assistant works without any issue. I got surprised when it works on One Plus X since it is fairly old mobile and it runs on Android 6.0 marshmallow. So looking at these test we are positive about the outcome of Google Assistant in non-Pixel smartphones. However during our test, Samsung Galaxy S7 couldn’t run the Google Assistant since it runs heavily on Samsung Touch Wiz.
How to install Google Alpha Assistant in your Android Smartphones (Non-Pixel Devices)
- The first thing you need to do is download the Google Alpha App. You can go to Apkmirror website and search for Google search Alpha app.
- Open your browser and on the search bar, type “Google search Alpha app.apk” and tap on the search button.
- Enter the website and tap again on the download button.
- The apk file of Google search Alpha app will start downloading.
- While the apk file is downloading. You have to enable the “Unknown Sources.”
- Go to Settings > Security > Enable Unknown Sources.
- Now install the Google Alpha App on your Android smartphone.
- Now that you have installed Google Alpha app in your android smartphone you can enable Google assistant. Note that this method works on Android devices which are running on Android version 5.0 Lollipop and above. Also all the smartphones running on Android 5.0 Lollipop and above may not work as we have experienced with the Samsung Galaxy S7.
Launch and Set up Google Assistant
- Press and Hold the home button on your device, and your phone will tell you about the new Google Assistant who has been implemented in your Android smartphone.
- Tap on “Continue, ” and the it+ will briefly guide through the process in how it works.
- After that, it will ask for permission, and all you have to do is tap on ”Yes, I’m in” button.
- Now Google Assistant will launch and you can ask him questions and command him to search for certain things as long as you have the internet connection.
Wrapping it up:
So that is how you can install Google Assistant in your Android smartphone. Google search Alpha App brings you the most advanced voice assistant. It will also get more stable in future updates and most probably Google Assistant will be available on all the Android smartphones. Now, you can definitely enjoy some of the best features of google assistant on your Android smartphone.