Wi-Fi networks have a limited range and the device which is connected to that particular Wi-Fi network will get fair connection as long as it is in the Wi-Fi range. As soon as the device escape the limit area, the connection will get weak and probably won’t be able to connect to the Wi-Fi anymore.
In our homes there might be a place or two where your wifi signals gets weak and your smartphone doesn’t connect to it. This type of dead spot are usually found in most of the Wi-Fi enabled homes. Whether your house is small or large there is a chance that the dead spot in your house. The large homes may have much more dead spot than the ones found in small houses.
So the problem can be critical if there are quite a lot of dead spot in your house and if the dead spot is in your bedroom then it gets even worse.
So as we all know a router is the main hotspot and the range of the Wi-Fi starts from that particular hotspot. There are different Routers providing different range and internet speed. The bandwidth is the most important factor for the internet speed. But the internet speed is not going to do any good to the dead spot so what can you do to make those dead spot a Wi-Fi friendly spot.
This issue can be easily fixed by a hardware which is known as Belkin Range Extender. So I will talk about this range extender from Belkin and also how you can set it up to your home Wi-Fi and make all your dead spot gone. Setting up the Belkin Range Extender is easy if you carefully read and follow the steps which I’m going to tell later in this article. So before we talk about anything else, let’s talk about Belkin Range Extender itself.
Belkin Range Extender
Typically your Wi-Fi connection provides adequately strong connection to every corner of your house. The connection works pretty well even when you are upstairs and a floor away from the main router. You are able to browse through the internet without any poor connection and stream videos without buffering.
If you are one of those who have more advanced than the dual band Wi-Fi router then you might not have a dead spot. But to the rest of the people who are living in the same bubble you need to have this hardware called Belkin range extender to extend your Wi-Fi range.
Belkin Range Extender is router like wireless hardware and there are various types of range extender available from Belkin.
Here are some of the Belkin Range extender’s name which you can look for:-
- Belkin N300 Wall-Mount Wi-Fi Range Extender (F9K1015)
- Belkin N300 Dual Band Wireless N Range Extender
- Belkin AC1600 Dual-Band AC Gigabit Wi-Fi Router F9K1119
- Belkin AC1200 Dual Band Wireless AC Router + Gigabit (Latest Generation)
You find these range extender from the Amazon store. These are some of the best Belkin range extender you can buy to extend your Wi-Fi range.
If you do not know much about technology and only satisfied with the basic knowledge then a WPS or Wi-Fi Protected Setup might be the easiest option and it is a wireless installation. Wireless Home Networks are a standard and this network security developed itself in a good way. Now securing a wireless home network is easy and reliable. Also it is not very expensive to setup one. This also allows the connection of web-enabled devices without accessing to the configuration screen of the router.
If you are wondering about if Belkin range extender comes with WPS or Wi-Fi Protected Setup then you don’t have to worry about it because all the Belkin range extender comes with WPS enabled and it comes with the WPS feature. But you have to make sure that your router has the WPS button on it.
So now let’s talk about how you can initially setup the Belkin rage extender with the WPS button.
- You need to press and hold the WPS button on Belkin range extender for two seconds.
- The LED lights will turn ON after that, you can release the WPS button.
- Now you have to do the same with the home router, press and hold the WPS button of your home router within two minutes of initiating the Belkin range extender.
- Now both the range extender and your home router will connect automatically.
How to setup Belkin range extender?
The next thing you need to do is accessing to the Belkin administrative page and for that, you need a web-enabled device like a laptop. PC or a smartphone. Belkin range extender also works with wireless setup which is very convenient.
Here are the steps to setup Belkin range extender on your home network
- Power the Belkin range extender by plugin the extender into the power outlet.
- After that, boot up your PC or just use your mobile and select the Belkin.setup from the available networks list.
- Now open up the google chrome and type http://Belkin.range. In the web address bar.
- Press enter and click on the “Get started” on the Belkin we page.
- Now select your home Wi-Fi network from the Wi-Fi network lists.
- Now you will get a prompt where you have to enter your Wi-Fi password. Enter you Wi-Fi password and press enter.
- Now select your Wi-Fi network once again and then click on ‘Next”.
- Now click on “Create Extended Network”.
Now you are connected to the Belkin range extender wirelessly and your Wi-Fi is pretty much extended. The Dead spots in your house are most probably gone. You can also connect your Belkin range extender with help of an Ethernet cable. This can be useful if your Belkin range extender is not a wireless-compatible device. So that’s it, now your Wi-Fi Range is extender and you can use more Belkin range extender to extend your Wi-Fi range even more.